As we collectively go through a fourth COVID-19 wave, Veracity Athletics has decided to simplify our protocols through January 30, 2021 and reserve the right to amend this expiration date as needed.
Rather than mandate, our simplified protocols are three (3) very strong suggestions on how we can all help keep each other safe as we get through this end-of-the-year-get-togethers’ spike:
1) Please do not take any in person class if you are not feeling well.
We will be the safest if everyone does this. No one wants the cold or flu either so don’t try to find the loophole and say it’s not a COVID-19 symptom. Making the personal choice not to take any in person class also should be extended to making the same choice not to do any other in person social activities either. Please consider choosing to stay home until you are on a true upswing in how you feel (I.E. your symptoms have improved).
This protocol has no expiration date and should be considered part of the #dolessbetter ethos of the gym.
2) Please wear a mask in class now through January 30, 2022.
No one likes to wear a mask – and especially in the gym. Coaches have to project louder. Everyone feels ‘restricted’ while working out. It’s not a panacea but it does greatly reduce the amount of particles available for other people to ingest (gross but accurate) to get an internal viral load that would cause symptoms /infection. Masks are not impenetrable but wearing them is better than nothing.
Please consider choosing to wear a mask consistently – at the gym and elsewhere. The most frustrating part of the past 18 months is that the gym gets the blame when we have the least crowded and most well ventilated indoor scenario that does not support close contact while most other indoor publics settings most certainly do. Please also wear your mask as you live your life in other public settings like at work, at family gatherings, and/or restaurants.
3) Please be considerate of everyone in class.
Accordingly, we will implement some of the procedures we used during the first COVID-19 wave, more specifically:
- Washing your hands is a no brainer. We will once again be directing you to the bathroom to wash your hands upon first entering the gym and reminding you to wash your hands at the end of class.
- There is an 11 person cap for classes to provide an even greater decrease in potential close contact situations. Please be considerate and remove your reservation as soon as possible if you are unable to attend class. The new “Cancel RSVP Cutoff” starting Jan 31 will be 30min prior to class.
- We will bring as much equipment as possible into your area at the start of the day so please keep all of your belonging in your area as well.
- Dress warmly because the windows will be fully open.
Quarantine and/or Testing
Testing is predicated on the close contact definition of being less than 6′ away from an infected person for more than a total of 15min over a 24hr period. With the above three (3) protocols in effect through January 30, 2021, there will be limited – if any – close contact while at an in person class at the gym.
As infection can be from anywhere, does not discriminate between the vaccinated or the unvaccinated, and there will be limited – if any – close contact exposure at the gym with masks and increased spacing and again, relying on what makes the most sense given the past 18 months of experience results in the following transparent policy:
As a courtesy, Veracity Athletics will reach out with an email, text, and app notification if you were in a class with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 AND were within an immediately adjacent workout area to said person.
Based on the latest CDC recommendation, if you have tested positive for COVID-19, you will be asked to refrain from attending classes (and isolate) as follows:
- Stay home for 5 days
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.
While testing in certain cases is no longer a requirement, the hope is that you choose to the do the right thing for others – especially if you found yourself in a newly compromised situation.
In closing, we wanted to share our strong feelings that:
- working on your health by maintaining or improving your fitness via a regular and engaging workout regiment keeps you and ultimately others safer.
- being vaccinated and/or wearing a mask provides enough of buffer for you to safely participate in in person social activities.
- implementing these protocols is the most realistic way to keep everyone safe and sane during this 4th spike.
And as always: we 100% respect if you do not feel the same way so please feel free to reach out with any questions or for further options.
– Leonardo Munoz | Coach / Owner at Veracity Athletics
– Ariel Ruck | Coach / Affiliate Manager at Veracity Athletics
– Amanda Ryan | Head Coach at Veracity Athletics